Give a Hoot
HOOTERS HOLDING FUN EVENTS TO RAISE FUNDS FOR BREAST CANCER RESEARCH
Events Include Bake Sales, Dunk Tank, Car Wash, Pink Pumpkin Patch, Putt Putt and Think Pink Carnival
(South Florida, October 18, 2017) – South Florida Hooters locations will be hosting various fundraising events throughout the entire month of October. During each event your favorite Hooters Girls and Hooters Calendar Girls will be working hard to help raise funds. All of the money raised will go to the Kelly Jo Dowd Fund and The V Foundation for Cancer Research.
The restaurant as part of their Give-A-Hoot initiative will be raising money all October at South Florida Hooters locations in the name of Kelly Jo Dowd. Kelly Jo Dowd, one of the original Hooters Girls, graced the cover of the 1995 Hooters Calendar and worked her way up the Hooters ranks to manager of the Palm Harbor location. In 2002, she was diagnosed with breast cancer and despite radical and aggressive treatment; on May 24, 2007, the Hooters system suffered a tremendous loss with her passing. Kelly Jo spent the last five years of her life battling this dreaded disease. Through this struggle, she was courageous and selfless, becoming an advocate for early detection, education and fundraising in the battle against breast cancer within the Hooters organization.
South and Southwest Florida Event Schedule:
Friday, October 20th
- Doral, Bake Sale
- Boca Raton, Think Pink Carnival at 7 p.m.
- Pembroke Pines, Bake Sale
- Bayside, Bake Sale from 11-4 p.m.
Friday, October 20th – 22nd
- Fort Lauderdale, Bake Sale
Saturday, October 21st
- Naples, Bike Wash, Car Wash, Pink Bake Sale, bobbing for apples and Hooters Pink Pumpkin Patch 12-4 p.m.
- Cape Coral, Bake Sale from Noon to 3 p.m.
Friday, October 27th
- Hialeah, Pink Fire Truck and photo booth at 11 a.m.
Saturday, October 28th
- Fort Myers, Bake Sale
- Sarasota, Bake Sale
- Sunrise, Putt Putt contest and bake sale
- Port Charlotte, Bake Sale and Car Wash
Saturday, October 28- Sunday, October 29th
- Fort Myers Beach, Putt Putt Tournament, Noon to 6.p.m.
Sunday, October 29th
- Bradenton, Car Wash from 12 to 5 p.m.
In addition to the events people can buy a pink bracelet, a 2018 Hooters Calendar where $1.00 from each purchase goes to charity, buy a featured “Pink” Drink, make a donation or round up your check! Last year’s funds of $42,700 raised in South Florida were distributed to the Miami Cancer Institute from a grant from The V Foundation for Cancer Research.